|Spinach and Mushroom Crustless Quiche|
|Rinsed collard greens - no stems|
About 1/2 lb of fresh spinach or collard greens, washed and sliced into strips
1 medium onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, sliced or chopped
A handful of mushrooms, sliced
1 cup of shredded cheese (I shredded about a 1/2 of a block of monterey jack)
1 cup of milk (I used 2 %)
|Ready to saute ...|
2. Add the chopped spinach or collard greens. You can cook them right with the onions and mushrooms to save a pan or cook them separately. Stir so that the greens wilt into the onions and mushrooms.
3. Spread the cooked mushrooms, onions, and spinach in the bottom of a lightly greased deep dish pie pan.
|Cabot Monterey Jack - in the freezer|
5. Whisk together 5 eggs and 1 cup of milk. Pour over spinach, mushrooms, and cheese.
6. Bake at 425 degrees for about 10 minutes.
7. Reduce the heat to 350 and cook for another 45 minutes to an hour. You want your crustless quiche to be firm to the touch - not jiggly.
8. Let cool for at least 15 minutes - or even the afternoon or overnight.
We served ours with fresh cut fruit for dinner. So easy! Enjoy!